- The company makes enough doughnuts in one week to reach from New York to Los Angeles.
- They use about 1 million pounds of sprinkles yearly.
- They use two Olympic-sized swimming pools worth of chocolate yearly.
- Krispy Kreme stores across North America produce more than 7.5 million doughnuts per day and more than 2.7 billion doughnuts per year.
- The ‘hole’ in the doughnut center is credited to Hanson Gregory. In 1847 the young lad suggested to his mother that her fried cakes would cook completely through if the centers were cut out.
- Krispy Kreme’s stores can create a stack of doughnuts as high as the Empire State Building (1,454 feet ) in about 22 seconds.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc.’s common stock transferred to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on May 17, 2001 under the new ticker symbol KKD.
Learn more about Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. at www.krispykreme.com.